Wednesday, May 14, 2014

some progress made

While I do not have any photos of the progress I did the other day,  I have removed the track from the ACL diamond to the bridge and beyond going towards the yard. The only remaining track from that section to the yard is the track across the double track bridge and turn out just past the bridge.

My current intent is to save the work I have done with the house on the hill scene as well as the river scene and re-install the track in a more free laced prototype fashion.  Meaning the curves will be broader for better operations of all rolling stock and actual appearance.

As for my current yard section (Griffin) I'm undecided on the fate of that area.  I would like to salvage the work and just modify the bench work.  I have been doing some minor engineering work on how to save it and best turn it into a single module.

I have also considered a complete rebuild of the yard as well but due to money issues (new construction costs and lack of available Atlas code 55 turn outs) I am highly considering the stand alone module option  and saving money for a newer yard later and changing the current yard to Raymond. That is if and when I can obtain enough turn outs to do such.

Anyways enough for the ramblings,  just letting you all know that I have been actually doing something with the layout in my ever busy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment