Sunday, May 19, 2013

Down but not out

Well since my last post about the layout, I have had to move and take the layout apart.
It did survive the move as it was designed to do. There is some track repairs and then some scenery repairs that will have to be made before trains once again roll. But the main section that was completed, the Griffin area, has been temporarily mounted on the wall to keep it from getting any damage. That module will also receive some upgrades to it as it will no longer be an end module with the track returning to the back side. It will be reconfigured to have another module connect to it on the facing right side. The module that was connected to it on the facing left, will also receive some track upgrades as well.

I do not have a new track plan for the layout but the layout will grow in size to about three times the size it was originally build. It was originally approximately 60 sq ft and will grow to approx. a 12x18 layout with the depth of the layout being two feet deep. This is the tentative plan as of right now. There are some other options that I am considering and one of them is to run it as a point to point layout along three walls of my new train room. The length of two wall runs would be 18ft and the other would be 24ft. As there are quite a few options that I have, I have yet to come to a set plan but when I do, it will be presented here.

No comments:

Post a Comment