Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Changes made

Well I have made some changes to the layout sections that are left and did some scenery and track re-alignment projects. I will do a show and tell to go with the photos.

Shows the scenery that was there and that has been removed in order to make progress. The first two are before and the 3rd and 4th are the after photos

Here is the gap track to span the 2 modules. Prior to this, the modules where not at the same height and I had to remove the one on the right and use my "highly secret, patented" module alignment tool. Once that step was completed and adjustments made, the tracks lined up height wise nearly perfect. After many high speed test, the engineering department signed off on it and the track gang moved right along. Granted that track section will not always be pretty but until it is in a permanent mode, I will make it the best I can.

In the 3 photos above you can see the new tracks that have been installed, tested and have yet to be wired up. I will do  another post on the wiring of them.

Hope that you enjoy seeing some of the slow progress that I have made over the past few weeks. Until next time, have a great day.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Rebuild started

Well just a quick update as I have started to redesign and rebuild of the layout.  Nothing is set in stone yet but here are some pics of the work done thus far. Progress will be slow due to work and looking at a few new track plans for ideas. The first shot shows scenery that's been removed from what you see in the 2nd picture. 3rd photo shows tracks removed and module shortened to 6 feet and ready to be adapted to free standing.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

some progress made

While I do not have any photos of the progress I did the other day,  I have removed the track from the ACL diamond to the bridge and beyond going towards the yard. The only remaining track from that section to the yard is the track across the double track bridge and turn out just past the bridge.

My current intent is to save the work I have done with the house on the hill scene as well as the river scene and re-install the track in a more free laced prototype fashion.  Meaning the curves will be broader for better operations of all rolling stock and actual appearance.

As for my current yard section (Griffin) I'm undecided on the fate of that area.  I would like to salvage the work and just modify the bench work.  I have been doing some minor engineering work on how to save it and best turn it into a single module.

I have also considered a complete rebuild of the yard as well but due to money issues (new construction costs and lack of available Atlas code 55 turn outs) I am highly considering the stand alone module option  and saving money for a newer yard later and changing the current yard to Raymond. That is if and when I can obtain enough turn outs to do such.

Anyways enough for the ramblings,  just letting you all know that I have been actually doing something with the layout in my ever busy life.